Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The ladder choice


So I added Instacart

To get $10 off Instacart use my code RAID53BE68 at checkout or follow this link. Terms apply. https://inst.cr/t/38c4c4508

Invite a business: https://inst.cr/t/2972e5a05

Mainly I added it because I miss fruit and vegetables so first I ordered from Aldi (twice) and then I got braver and ordered from Lowes yesterday.

I needed a ladder. All I have is this tiny plastic step stool that I’ve been using and it gives me vertigo after reaching/looking up. It was time to move to a real ladder.

And I really did look at ladders but this looked like a good in between with a 9 foot reach. It is so awesome!

I ordered fluorescent tube lights also to FINALLY put light in my kitchen. It’s been 4 years I think minimum.

I cleaned the inside with the EnviroCloth after removing the old lights (so-so job but I was thorough) and the outside cover looks brand new.

I’ve changed the bulbs since I had it put up in 2014 so I wasn’t scared of that. I got down to turn on the lights and

Nothing. I checked the breaker and it hadn’t tripped.

I finally looked up “why wouldn’t a fluorescent light work” and they mentioned a “ballast.” It’s under the cover in the middle and lasts from 10-15 years.

More money for an electrician. Too many ballasts to choose from and I just don’t know. Next month. I’m going back outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...