Friday, April 19, 2024

I know it happened


EW email today announced that John Stamos surprised Chris Stapleton on Jimmy Kimmel. Had to go look.

I had already read about a documentary and when I was looking for their community I couldn’t find what show we saw them in! They’re touring?

Okay so this bothers me. It was in middle school (75/76/77) we caught the bus on Ventura Blvd to the beach and went to the outdoor concert after! I got sun burnt. I felt the pain!

The stage was to our left but it was a small arena. Stadium seating. Dennis was alive and Brian came out to sing a few songs to our cheers. 

I have no proof. I didn’t keep ticket stubs back then. I had the Endless Summer album.

grrrr… I hate when this happens!

I didn’t live in California anymore. I had sent my sister the 45s they bequeathed me when they got married and left me stranded. I use to play them on an old gray suitcase turntable. Tons of Beach Boys and Beatles etc in the black 45 box. 

I purchased Endless Summer because it had songs that I didn’t. I bought it at the mall record store or Licorice  Pizza in Reseda. I had gotten my own stereo for Christmas. All my albums are gone too.

I remember when Kokomo came out I was so excited there was another song (and of course the true fans said no and shoved their later Brian stuff at me) I was always more Mike Love on that argument. Not a true fan.

Bummer huh? It’s the sound of me growing up. 

Watching Cocktail on TV was therapy. Bought the VHS. Have the awesome poster.

Then I find out my stupid ex-boyfriend had twins of himself during a thirty year reunion and had to laugh. My therapy was different.

My mom liked watching Full House reruns with my son. John Stamos was her favorite. He did Elvis impressions. I like Greek yogurt.

Mick Jagger is on an ad for Rolling Stone fans holding a tshirt “Don’t mess with old people”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...