Sunday, November 12, 2023

Hawaii






So I got run over in 2015 as a pedestrian and decided that the Chevy Chaser (a local free paper - usually found at the library about one of our neighborhoods called Chevy Chase - no relation) with the picture of Obama sucking on an ice cream cone in Hawaii was just not going to stop me.

Neither was the rumo(u)rs of the Social Network creep kicking the locals out of their homes in Hawaii to build his palace.

And since it was with Hillsdale College that someone they admired, Churchill, was not going to scare me either. I even went to the movie theater to watch the movie Churchill to make my decision. It was with a Liberal Arts college that I was interested in learning more about.

The other half went to the lawyers: 


Deluxe with veranda. Two smoking areas at the time close to my room and one of the bars on the boat.

I was asked if there were any special needs and I told them that it was going to be for my birthday.

We had a choice of one dining experience at each of their three restaurants. One Chinese restaurant one Japanese Sushi Bar and an Italian restaurant called Prego that I chose for my birthday. I was only frightened of the Sushi Bar and was going to stop by and see their menu to cancel if I needed to. I had only heard about the California Roll.

I purchased the Pearl Harbor Experience since my dad was in Okinawa during WWII. That included Sunset dinner afterwards.

This is what we were going to be studying during the lecture series. I figured I could transcribe the lecture and use it also at the college I was attempting back then which was Liberty University. If not I would just enjoy the history and the learning about what they had to say. 

Once in a lifetime to me. Hawaiian Islands and Mexico on a cruise ship over 16 days (4 days travel from SF to Hawaii both ways made 8) Two days in Oahu/Honolulu, one day in Maui/Lahaina, two days in Hawaii in Hilo and Kailua-Kona 5 hours in Ensenada Mexico 1 day California coast. Leaving and Arriving days.

The Titanic wasn’t going to scare me either (although for me it’s always Poseidon Adventure) I quickly searched the top twenty positive movies about cruises.

I purchased two bathing suits and a digital tape recorder at Staples. I planned my outfits for 16 days and purchased Woolite for them and Mr Bubble for baths.

Most of the time I was searching for little fun things. Like a long top that reminded me of Mexico with ruffles, a sequin coin purse, a wristlet, suntan lotion, etc.

Then I got the itinerary. No jeans and dress for dinner including a few black tie optionals? OH NO!

Turning the 16 outfits into 32 plus a cocktail dress when with witchcraft I didn’t even know my real size seemed impossible but only took me 2 days and $150 more.

Because I had shopped I had memorized what extras I would need and exchanged a few things.

The day of I got my haircut and picked up cash. I had 9 fricken hours to pack and make it to the bus. 

I didn’t. The bag weighed too much and the bus left without me.

I fought all the way to meeting them to the first island before giving up.

I returned my cocktail dress on the 9th of Av 5778.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...