Sunday, January 8, 2023

I killed the South!



In 2021

Right Losers?

Okay in 2000 California but I checked and said goodbye in 2007. They just prove themselves again in 2010, 2020 and…

My childhood home circa 2008. Two windows, ivy and a wagon wheel are missing.

“The bar”

This is looking from the dining room through the kitchen and into what my dad and mom called “the den”

My dad use to eat his breakfast every morning there while my mom packed his lunch. I use to do homework there while she was making dinner. She decorated cakes on the bar for weddings at the church. She sewed there too. 

I broke the window to the left when I had a fight with my family and slammed the door like my dad did with the door behind the camera. Unfortunately not the same kinda door! I was so frightened I needed to run away from home right?  

The window was replaced (I seriously don’t remember him saying a word to me about it!) When I was littler I had a tiny iron and ironing board that mom set up under the window. I called it my Wrinkle Shop so maybe mom smoothed it over reminding him “well… it’s her shop…”

The family dial telephone was to the left of it. 

“Daddy’s Carport”

There was a fence taken down as this is where dad had his antique car collection. “So visitors didn’t have to look at it.” It’s nice that the family back then made it an entertaining area. We didn’t barbecue much (although my dad did have a kettle charcoal bbq and picnic table around the corner to the left just in case) 

The brick patio and fireplace were his upgrades although thank goodness the swamp cooler to the right was removed! lol (we really did not get air conditioning and had gas heat)

That’s his door, the bathroom window and my bedroom window. I only snuck out once.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...