Monday, December 19, 2022

My Christmas Trip Day 2


Monday 12/19 at 2:35am?!?

I couldn’t believe it.


I had ordered Lyft Pink on their schedule-a-ride and finished packing just in time. $11.75


41/50 lbs suitcase and 13/25 lbs carry on luggage which is better than I usually do on first tries! I think I only forgot my power stick so far.


The bus was packed two to a seat. And a woman with a cat? When are cats Greyhound customers? How gross! I started watching House of Gucci when my battery died. I got as far as the uncle’s birthday party. 


We made it to Cincy and my phone refused to charge! So they couldn’t get my confirmation number and my name wouldn’t come up on their end. Panic. I asked what will I need to get the printing and she said I had to walk to Speedway uphill and 2 lights away! My hands lugging the suitcase were thrashed by the end of it and it took me forever but I got $20.


And missed my bus. They checked it with the bus driver standing there bitching and said there was no ticket. All it took was the same $20 to change it though. Oh look there’s my name. I only had to wait for a third shift of ticket counters while I was trying to figure out what to do and the problem was solved.


Unfortunately I will spend overnight in Chicago and will not arrive until the 20th. When I got to Louisville I called the hotel to let them know. I write “previous iPhone as a flash drive for Wi-Fi” on my forgot to pack list. I purchased a new charger for $10. Code? Bright orange.


Another cat and a dog in the terminal? Diet Cokes were $3.10 and I thought I paid for 2 but this guy selling hot food wanted my attention and I only had one so I had to buy another again.


Miller bus next for Indianapolis (50 minutes sitting there) then Baron’s to Chicago. For 18 hours and 15 minutes. I got a pizza puff and drink for $9.44


I had to leave after 3 hours, found their charging outlets and hunted for a place to stay overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...