Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Another Story







 They are so into “MOVE” or die here….

First apartment: it took forever to build. When I was little I would point to it and tell mom and dad “I’m going to live there” met with “you are?” Roll of eyes.

It was in MY hood near MY park and on the way to Middle School and High School. Where else would I move? Reseda?

It’s still there. 6 floors from the street but the first two floors were gated parking.

When I graduated from college and my mom and dad were moving my dad approached me with a grin. “Ready to look at your apartment?” 

I couldn’t believe it but mom I think had called first so to them the price was right for a first apartment. Under $400 in 1982. I lived there for a year lease.

A penthouse furnished studio in the corner next to the laundry room and right off the elevator on the 6th floor. This is an upgraded 40 years later picture and the wrong apartment by one number but what it looked like when you entered. The bed was in an alcove on the right and I had one slider with a balcony. All I needed were my personal things and my TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...