Friday, January 20, 2023

January Regal

Movies Missed:

• The Son

• Living

• Women Talking IMPORTANT (especially before the musical) I have seen the Amish on my bus trips. They wear Black and Blue, are with their husbands and keep to themselves. Except oddly there was an interesting exchange at the Chicago bus terminal where one of the women was trying to find out information from a black girl and a black employee and got tossed back and forth (pissed me off! They are NOT funny and have to be dealt with. Respect their differences trash! “We all know” it was to get me involved fools!)

My mom owned an Amish doll. She explained to me why it didn’t have a face and she put it on the antique church pew (which can be called a bench too! It just had a back to it!) Dad had found and redone. To remind them. To remind visitors.

On my way across country in 2000 I had stopped off in a PA Dutch town to eat and spend the night. I was homeless at the time from CT and Mom and I had a discussion on looking there. I continued my trip. To Toledo where I spent a week there one night. I was white knuckling it in a severe snow storm with my 13 year old CRX at the time and headed South. PA is NOT a church. It’s just a city. I found out 20 years later I should have probably turned right and gone back to New York State. Dunno.

• A Man Called Otto is still playing (it was Sonora Alamos)

• Reissue extravaganza includes Elvis, Banshees of Inisherin and The Fabelmans 

• I80 For Brady is having an early opening at the end of the month but it officially starts in February 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worthless

 20 years 3 months  “Clueless” and I’m certainly not impressed! No sex house. The United States has gone insane. Why would that statement be...